Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Blue Virgin


I'm posting this image to force myself to stop messing with it. I feel like I finally accomplished something in the studio after a long period of procrastination. Yeah, whenever anyone asks me how I get myself into the studio to work I have to admit that I'm as bad as anyone for putting on the brakes when I want to be working. It's just getting started that's hard. Then you pretty quickly go into that state of mind where time stands still and nothing else matters but what you're doing.


This painting is 8x10 on wood panel and the first $150 takes it, shipping included, priority mail. Just email me at judywise@canby.com and I will let you know if it's still available. It is ready to hang and will be to you in time for Christmas if it can go by Monday's mail. I can take credit card or pay pal.


I have a few paintings like this one that I only hang at Christmas. I guess they are my ornaments since my little tinsel tree only has lights.


I have my little Christmas corner all set up and am feelling quite festive here. Anyone for a mug of hot buttered rum? It's really cold outdoors and it will warm us up while we visit. :-)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i like your paintings

Unknown said...

I would love to sip on a toddy with you surrounded by the beauty of your art....

Paula said...

She's beautiful; thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Judy! ♥

Anonymous said...

She is wonderful! Orly & I want to come to your encaustics class!!! My Mum & Dad used to make hot buttered rums. I used to get to taste it! Yummo...

Anonymous said...

Love the flow of wax on that painting Judy and your angel by the tree. Cold here too, hot buttered rum, okay, pour me a cup. Merry Christmas. xox corrine

Thelma-Art said...

The encaustic is fabolous, I would like to take a class with you someday. Everything is fantastic.

Barb Smith said...

She is beautiful; such a feeling of calm in her eyes.

And your line, "...that state of mind where time stands still and nothing else matters but what you're doing." It has been far too long since I have felt that feeling and I deeply miss it.

Peace, Love & Happy Holidays,
~Barb~

Lynn Cohen said...

Hum, I thought I commented on this one already...Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oooh.. so beautiful and serene....a bit like Russian icons, but more human somehow...
MF