Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Encaustic Day 3


This one I'm calling "Ooze". I expected the oil paint in the little protuberances to do something very different than what it did when I applied heat. Anyway, that's what this is about; trying things that I am curious about and learning from my experiments. 


Several readers asked how I got the texture in the last encaustic. The answer is that I used a combination of wood cutting tools and small loop tools to dig out the wax and then I fused it to soften the edges. 

Okay. Time to make the donuts.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the experimenting Judy! Ooze is such a funny word, hard to say it without smiling. :) You inspire me!
♥jenny

lisa said...

I love this one, those bumps are great!

nandas said...

judy... you are having too much fun!!!

Jill said...

I might be inclined to call them 'pimples' but I can be uncouth.
But I like it.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm wax....

Hmmmmm doooonuts....

Parabolic Muse said...

ooh! this looks like what I did on a couple of backgrounds I have on my post today. I love that 'oozy' stuff.

Anonymous said...

ran across your blog, while researching paper mache.