Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Encaustic Days 4-5-6


Wheee, I'm on a roll. This is my favorite of the day; I think you can really see the desert influence coming out here. For some reason it reminds me of a kachina doll all squared off and rigid. Rain on the desert. Anyway, I'm happy with it.


And a detail. I love lingering over the board, carving away and slowly building up the surface.


This next one is the least favorite of the day. 'Nuff said.


Detail. 


And this was my 2nd favorite. Playing with the texture and color.


Detail. Now I get to take the next 2 days off. Big smile.

14 comments:

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

sheesh! did you take a power pill! these are soooo wonderful wonderful. i want to touch them and smell them...just fabulous for a lack of more descriptions!

Anonymous said...

i like the first.
colours, texture and shapes
all in a wonderful balance.

Anonymous said...

Oh Judy! These are sooo brilliant! I LOVE them all. I think I need to spend more time pursuading Ms. Avineri we need to come to one of your encaustic classes...

Unknown said...

I feel the same way, I want to touch them! Great!

novembergrass said...

These paintings are wonderful. Even the the one that is not your favorite.

plantingalongtheverge.com said...

You are on a roll!
I'm loving these.

amy said...

These are so wonderful and making me want to learn encaustic right this second. I love the shapes and textures so much I can almost touch them.

Anonymous said...

I don't need much persuasion...I'm in, just tell me where and when...Love them, and you too Judy..XOXOrly

Kim Carney said...

I saw these on my google reader and had to come say WOW beautiful!

jill nalette said...

fun, fun, fun!!! it's an exciting surprise every time i stop by here!!!
love ya!
xo and smiles~ jill

Jill said...

Love the textures in all of these

Julie Prichard said...

Super cool pattern and textures in these, Judy! Happy new year :)

Louise Gallagher said...

Oooh these are awesome!

I found you via nance marie's Short List -- so glad I did -- and now, to figure out how to free up time to take one of your workshops!

do you ever teach in Canada? Calgary? Vancouver?

Laura said...

I just discovered your blog! Wow! I have yet to try encaustics...something I've though about for a while...maybe combining the wax with my photos...YOUR WORK/PLAY is so inspiring.